So I was nominated for a Liebster award by my friend who has a great blog Life's Next Big Step , where she dishes on being a mom and her health & fitness routine. I think it's great when bloggers can support each other, thanks Katie!
So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support & recognize up & coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” has German origins & is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, & welcome.
So, here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite way to exercise? I love running! I really never thought I would say that, but it's true. I don't necessarily run fast, but I go longer distances. It's fun getting a group together and running around the park. There are beautiful places all over New Orleans to see along the way.
2. What is your favorite way to wind down? Watching documentaries on Netflix, they are fascinating and slightly addictive.
3. What is one of your pet peeves? When people are late, I hate being late.
4. Summer, Spring, Winter, or Fall? Summer, hands down. The hotter, the better.
5. What is your favorite quote? "When you know better, you do better" Maya Angelou
6. What is your favorite beverage? Arnold Palmer, 1/2 unsweet iced tea, 1/2 lemonade.
7. Something you never leave home without? Besides the essentials, I bring my kindle. I have been trying to read more lately!
8. Do you have a lucky charm? What is it? No lucky charms, only lucky numbers.
9. What is your favorite day of the year? Christmas day, it's certainly the most anticipated.
10. What is one thing that inspires you? My sister! We try to hold each other accountable for reaching our goals and going after our dreams.
11. What is one goal you hope to achieve in the next year? I would love to get another internship with a food publication of some sort.
Facts about me
-I almost always fall asleep while watching t.v. or a movie...such a bad habit
-I ran my first half marathon in January and I am planning to run another one in the Fall and beat my time.
-The band that I have seen the most times live in concert is The Avett Brothers, 4 TIMES!
-I have been to all of the States except for Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, & Michigan.
-I have seen about 20 broadway plays, I love them so much!
-My dream is to eat at the French Laundry the next time I go to Napa Valley
-I can see myself living in the ultimate food city someday, New York!
-I can't wait to get a kitten! love love
My liebster nominations are
Bloggers - if you choose to accept the Liebster Award, here are your questions
1. What is at the top of your wish list right now?
2. What would be your last meal if you could plan it?
3. If you had to choose another profession, what would it be?
4. What was your last crazy dream about?
5. Who in your life makes you laugh the most?
6. If you could live a day in the life of anyone else, who would you pick?
7. What is your all-time favorite movie?
8. What is your go-to meal for dinner parties?
9. What is a good life lesson that you have learned lately?
10. What is your latest hobby/interest?
11. What was your favorite meal as a kid?
Karen D. says
This is very sweet of you to think of me, Miss Carrie. Gotta get blogging to pass along the Liebster vibe. Thanks! ~K
You are so welcome! Loving your blog!